Stem Cells Doctor for Shoulder Pain Potomac, MD
Is Stem Cell Therapy Right for You?
A stem cells doctor for shoulder pain Potomac, MD pain sufferers turn to at the Pain and Arthritis Relief Center may be able to relieve your discomfort. Call us at (301) 710-9777 to schedule an appointment with our physician to find out more. A Potomac stem cells doctor for shoulder pain from our office may perform an exam and let you know if you are a good candidate for this safe and effective treatment. The following is a general overview of stem cell treatments for shoulder pain.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
It’s an unfortunate fact that many people experience shoulder pain, and for a variety of reasons. A stem cells doctor for shoulder pain in Potomac, MD may be able to diagnose what is causing your pain before determining a viable treatment plan. Some causes that can lead to serious and long term shoulder pain include:
- Tears or traumatic injuries of the rotator cuff. This is common for athletes, especially those who play contact sports such as football players.
- Osteoarthritis. This type of bone-on-bone degeneration of the shoulder is not as common as it is for knees and hips. This is because shoulders do not bear the weight of the body which often leads to osteoarthritis.
- Subacromial impingement. When the arm is elevated above the shoulder, subacromial structures between the humerus and the coracoacromial arch is mechanically compressed.
Traditional treatments for shoulder pain are not always effective and do not guarantee long-term relief of pain. In addition, they may cause side effects. Some of the most common treatments are:
- Invasive surgery
- Over the counter analgesics and prescription painkillers
- Steroid injections
Stem Cell Therapy as a Safe Alternative
As an alternative to traditional treatment, stem cell therapy can be safe and effective. When stem cell therapy is used for cartilage regeneration, it is a minimally invasive treatment that can eliminate the need for shoulder replacement and can preserve the shoulder joint. A stem cells doctor for shoulder pain Potomac, MD accident victims rely on can review your condition and determine if this treatment will work for you.
Effectiveness of Stem Cell Treatment for Shoulder Pain
Platelet rich plasma therapy and stem cell therapy are biological therapies can greatly reduce pain and speed recovery of damaged shoulders. Function and movement can be improved and possibly restored. As part of your diagnosis, a stem cells doctor for shoulder pain Potomac, MD locals choose from the Pain & Arthritis Relief Center can tell you more specifically what improvement you’re likely to see. It will vary from person to person based on several factors including:
- The seriousness of the shoulder injury
- Overall health and fitness including current range of motion
- Other factors that can be explained by a stem cells doctor for shoulder pain Potomac, MD offers
Request an Appointment with a Stem Cell Doctor
Call the Pain and Arthritis Relief Center at (301) 710-9777 to speak to a stem cells doctor for shoulder pain Potomac, MD residents seek for relief.